THE Syddan crest was designed by Declan Mooney and Gerry Dillon a number of years back and carries on it a Castle, a Cross and a Cup.The Castle depicts Syddan Castle which was a major fortress situated in Gun Hill in years gone by. The castle had seen many events in its history including murders and public executions. However the most famous event was the attack from Cromwell and his army over 300 years ago.The Cross depicts Killary Cross which can be found in Killary Cemetery outside Lobinstown. The cross carries many engravings which remind us of our history and ancestors of long ago. One if these engravings has been copied by AIB Bank as its logo.The Cup depicts the Keegan Cup which is named in honour of Tom Keegan. Tom lost his life after suffering an injury while playing for Syddan in an intermediate FC semi-final in Rathkenny in 1940.In 1953 the Syddan club presented the cup to the Meath Co Board in his honour. Since then the cup has been presented to the senior champions of Meath every year.